Tuesday, June 12, 2018

GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH


The Triptych




Guarantor Power #1 is a power that has a different view on me than most other people. They see me as a ray of sunshine, someone who is quiet on the inside but once you know them they become your best friend.
Guarantor Power #2 controls my life in a way which has helped me throughout the years. But they see me as sometimes a competitive person.

In the GP#1, I turned his words into visual representations that I used. For example, in the picture, it is, seen that I have my hood down from my jacket. That symbolizes the introverted personality I have.
The earbuds symbolize my love for music.
In the GP#2, I am holding an Xbox one controller with a headset. My body expression symbolizes my other side of me. How some others see me.
Controller symbolizes my love for games, any type whether its video games or fun party games in general
View of myself, the pencil symbolizes my love for drawing.
The bear symbolizes I like things to be peaceful and in a way, I'm still childish.

ARTIST STATEMENT
1. What did you feel frustrated about? The lighting in the photos, it was hard for the first GP#1 since the sunbeams were hitting the lenses of the camera.

2. What was satisfying to you when in the process or the finished product? In the process, because setting up everything for the picture. Everything had to be just right.

3. In what ways was your worked processed similarly? They were taken with almost the same lighting and almost in the same areas but all with different views and feeling.

4. If someone else were looking at the piece, what might they learn about who you are? In the photos, it is displayed that I'm enclosed in an area, not very social.

5. One thing I would like to improve on is a better angle and more detailed photos with much more going on in the background to make the main person stand out.

6. If I had a chance to redo this piece again, I would accept it. I would add more symbolism into the photos and more context on whats going on

The individual photos





































No comments:

Post a Comment